Group library file attachments don't transfer

I created a new group library to collaborate with fellow researchers. It has a mere ten files for now, with most attachments around 1 MB. However, when I sync, I get an error message saying some of the files have not been synced, because this group has reached the limit of 300MB. In fact, none of the pdfs are available to my collaborators.
I first turned off syncing for my non-group folders, in case that was the issue. That didn't make a difference. Then I tinkered around a bit with the files and found that

1. if I add up all the file sizes, we are nowhere near 300MB
2. even if I remove some attachments from Standalone, sync, then check, the message does not change. Neither does the amount of storage I'm apparently using (which I see from the "Upgrade your storage" menu in my online Zotero).

I'm running out of ideas. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
  • What exactly does it say online under Upgrade your storage?
    It gives you the storage uses by library -- does the group take up 300MB or is that your personal library?
  • Good point. It says Current Usage - My Library - 300.2 MB. But the thing is, syncing for My Library is turned off in Standalone, so that should theoretically be 0, shouldn't it?

But when I push the sync button in Standalone, the message is the following: "The group 'CI Research Group' has reached its Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server."

I also tried manually removing attachments from the online references to see what happens. Interestingly, despite the sync My Library button being turned off, the files still disappeared from my Standalone.

Thank you for your input!
  • If you don't want your personal library files to be stored online, use the purge storage button on https://www.zotero.org/settings/storage
    This will remove the online copies of attachments in My Library, freeing up the space there. It won't touch groups and your files will still be in Zotero Standalone.
    Now syncing attachments should work for your group.