Missing Word plugin for Zotero standalone on Sierra

I have zotero 4.0.29.15 standalone version on a mac. When I select 'preferences' from the zotero menu and click on the 'cite' tab there is no option to install the Word add-in. There is a button to install the LibreOffice/OpenOffice add-in but when I click on that it doesn't do anything at all and remains uninstalled.

In finder I looked through library/applicationsupport/zotero/profiles but can't find the zotero.dot file anywhere, I've run a search for it too with no joy. I've tried reinstalling zotero but am still unable to install add-ins through zotero preferences or to find the zotero.dot file on my hard drive.

In Word 2016 I couldn't find anything on the add-in tab so I changed the startup location in Word preferences but I guess it has nothing to link to anyway.

I've gone through all the troubleshooting options on the website and discussion posts but can't find anything. How can I find this missing plugin?!
  • If you go to Tools -> Add-ons in Zotero and look in the Extensions tab, do you see "Zotero Word for Mac Integration"? Is it enabled?
  • I too am having the same problem -- the extension is enabled when I check in Zotero.
  • Could you say exactly what you mean by "same problem"? It's always best to have a full description of the issue by everyone involved.