Multiple Problems with Zotero Plugin in Libre Office

edited January 31, 2017
Hello,

I am currently using Zotero Version 4.0.29.15 with Libre Office Version 5.2.4.2. on OSX 10.11.6.

I am currently unable to insert new citations to my document - when I press "insert citation", the Zotero window pops up, I can select my citation, but in the document, instead of the citation, Zotero just fills in "{Quote}". I tried this out in another document, where it works out, so I tried debugging my document like it says here: https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#zotero_toolbar_doesn_t_appear. Unfortunately, this did not help. Since formatting my current "main" document was a lot of work, obviously, I would prefer to make it work in this document - especially since I'd just like to know where the problem is, in case it pops up again.

Furthermore, I think that Zotero does not register my library as such anymore. I did create a library, and when it's created, it's in this kind of frame, and this isn't there, anymore, so I don't know if it's properly formatted as a library anymore. However, when I try to insert a new one or edit my bibliography, LibreOffice crashes.

That is, unfortunately, another problem I am often having - LibreOffice crashes a lot when using the Zotero plugin (which I have upgraded recently as well, and I am also using the Java Development Kit). I am aware that Zotero standalone has to be open while working with the Plugin - it happens nevertheless.

There are a lot of help topics here on the Zotero page, but so far, none have helped. I don't really know what the problem is, especially since this doesn't seem to work well on so many different corners.

Does anyone know what else I could try to make the Zotero plugin in LibreOffice work out better?

Thank you in advance!

Best
Nina

PS: I have another quick question - when I was still able to insert citations, and when I could still, without problems, edit my bibliography, the Zotero plugin was able to add new library entries, but not delete those of the citations I have deleted in the text. Is that normal?
  • When you tried debugging your document and you say that "didn't work" -- could you specify that?

I don't understand the "not registering my Library" -- do you mean bibliography? And what do you mean by "registering"? If that's easier, you can take screenshots, but them on any free image hosting site (imgur.com, say) and link to them.
  • Hi! I'm having a somehow similar problem. I use LibreOffice and when I want to insert citations, it simply doesn't work. I click on the option and nothing happens. What would you think the problem is? How could I fix it?