How to sync a group library with attachments beyond 300 Mo ?

Hi,

Apologies if the question has been asked and answered before, I didn't find any good answer with a quick search on the forums.

I'm managing the public bibliography of researchers from the LPED laboratory in Marseille. It's a "public with closed membership" group situated here: https://www.zotero.org/groups/laboratoire_population_environnement_dveloppement. There are currently two members in the group (owner + admin) and there might be more in the future as we would like to invite the members of the laboratory as members of the group, for them to manage their own references.

We plan to add attachments to the library as soon as possible. There is currently 869 references in the group, so the final size of the group library will most certainly be way beyond the 300 Mo. My question is : how can we make sure that the whole library, attachments included, be synchronized on every member's computer, and be also accessible online?

We (the two admins) could subscribe for extra space from Zotero.org, but I'm not sure that every member of the group will be willing to do so.

Thanks a lot for your help!
  • Only the group owner would need to pay for additional storage for the group. Only their storage quota is affected. So it wouldn't even need both of the admins and certainly not other group members.

For organizations, I generally recommend to have the group owned by an organizational account, not associated with any library, so that there aren't any complications should any given person leave the library (that's how we're handling our closed public group at my workplace).
  • With a little bit of delay, thanks for your answer, it looks like a good solution for us too. Would you know how I can transfer the ownership of the group from my personal account to the newly created organizational account?
  • It's in the group settings on the website on the right (Click on groups at the top of this page, then on group settings under the group in question)
  • Great, it's done. Thanks!