"integration error"

I can't insert citations into a Word document directly from Zotero anymore. I get a notice saying "Zotero Integration Error". Possibly this occurred after upgrading to MacOS Sierra but not sure.
  • I setup Zotero-4.0.29.10 but cannot insert or edit citations into the word docutment. I have already used the function of 'Zotero Word for Windows Integration'.
  • @hual -- what exactly does "cannot" mean here? Do you not get the toolbar? Do you get an error? Does nothing happen when you click the insert citatin button on the toolbar?
    Which Word version?
  • Hi adamsmith, Thank you very much. I can use it after I log on google because google are blocked here.
    May I consult you another question? How can I insert 2 or more citations at the same site? Now I can only insert only one citation at one site. When I try to add another one, the first citation will be changed as the new one.
  • Yes, I cannot see the toolbar for this new version. I previously saw the toolbar when I use the old version-4.0.8.
  • Now, I can see ‘Add/Edit Citation, Document Preferences, Insert Bibliography, Edit Bibliography, Refresh, Remove Field Codes’ in the toolbar of Word documents. I mean I cannot see the floating toolbar on the word when I click the toolbar of ‘Add/Edit Citation’. However, in the old version, there was a floating toolbar after I clicked the ‘Insert citation’. In that floating toolbar, I could search citations and select more than 2 citations. But now, I cannot find the floating toolbar and cannot input words to search citations.
  • For multiple citations, see https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage

I don't think the floating toolbar exists anymore, sorry.
  • Yes, I want to create a citation containing multiple cites. Should I Install the 'Word Processor Plugins for Zotero for Firefox'? I download the 'Word for Windows Plugin 3.5.6 (Firefox extension)', Zotero-WinWord-Plugin-3.5.6.xpi. But I cannot setup xpi document. My computer cannot recognize the 'xpi' document.
  • I'm not sure I understand -- can you add individual citations now? Then you don't need to install anything.
  • My computer have been set up Word 2007 and Win7.
  • sorry, I'm not understanding what you're describing. You have a Zotero toolbar in Word, correct? What happens when you click it?
  • I find the answer. There is a 'multiple resource' button at the left bottom of the dialog box. I can add more citations after I click this button. I do not need set up 'Word Processor Plugins for Zotero for Firefox'. Thank you very much.
  • you can go back to the other layout of the word add-on by unchecking the "Use classic add citation dialog" in the Cite tab of the Zotero preferences if you prefer that.
  • I got it. I prefer to use the floating dialog box. Thank you very much.
  • I find I still cannot insert any citation in the word no matter using the floating dialog box or not.