TAGS using the Zotero Stand Alone (chrome)

I cannot delete tags effectively using zotero stand alone (chrome). I deleted items, but the tags remain. I've tried clicking on the "refresh" button right under the tags, refreshing the browser, and trying a new browser.

any thoughts?
  • Zotero Standalone is software you would launch and use outside of a browser.

Are you actually using this or are you accessing your library on zotero.org via Chrome?
  • ah ok, sorry. Its the zotero.org Thank you for correcting that
  • I'd strongly recommend not doing things like this on the website -- it's going to be much slower and more tedious than if you use the software designed for it.

But be that as it may, have to deleted those items from the Zotero trash? And are you positive there are no other items associated with the tags in question.
  • ahh, i did not know the items remained in the trash. permanently deleting them seems to have fixed the problem. THANK YOU. I think I'm not using this to its full potential. I was just doing things on the website. I'm going to take some time to look at this more to see what i'm missing. thank you.
  • Does it make sense to place a statement on each user's online page at introduction that alerts them to the greater power and speed of Zotero client software? Gordonl is far from the only person who didn't realize that, while the Zotero website library is quite a useful tool; the local software is wonderful.