Sorting alphabetically by authors

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have to submit a manuscript where the authors should be listed in alphabetical order.I am a beginner with Zotero After several days spent in forums searching information on sorting alphabetically by authors I found the CSL code combination which might help (suggested by somebody with a similar problem):

<bibliography name-form="long" and="text" sort-separator=", " name-as-sort-order="all" delimiter-precedes-last="never" et-al-min="4">
<!-- the attributes on bibliography are inheritable name options -->
<sort>
<key macro="author-or-editor" names-min="2" names-use-first="1"/>
<key variable="issued" sort="ascending"/>
<key macro="author-or-editor" names-min="3" names-use-first="3"/>
</sort>
<layout suffix=".">
<text macro="complete-reference"/>
</layout>
</bibliography>
</style>

Unfortunately nothing happens - the author names were not sorted.

Am I doing something wrong? First, I saved the style, opening it with Notepad++, then copying-replacing and saving the codes exactly how I have copied here but the order in bibliography does not change. What am I doing wrong? If the coding is correct maybe there is some issue with synchronizing, etc.? I will appreciate hour help to solve this.
  • First, note that most styles do sort alphabetically already, so it'd be easy to find one that does if that's the only requirement.

If this is for a specific style, it's impossible to say without seeing the rest of the code for the style: post it to gist.github.com create a private gist and link to it from here (no registration necessary).