Help?!? Standalone Libreoffice Integration

I am having trouble integrating my Standalone with LibreOffice. I am running Zotero Standalone 4.0.29.10 and LibreOffice 5.1.4.2.

If I go from Zotero and go to Tools>Addons, I have the option to choose options or disable the Zotero LibreOffice Integration extension.

If I click Options a box comes up with the option to reinstall LibreOffice Add-in.

When I click that another box comes up with and the file C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice5\program\unopkg.exe.

If I go forward with the install, I get an error message saying "Installation could not be completed because an error occurred. Please ensure that LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org/NeoOffice is closed, and then restart Zotero." I get this message even when LibreOffice is closed.

When that does not work I have tried doing a manual install.

When doing this I find the file by going to Program Files (x86)>Zotero Standalone>extentions>zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org>install and click on the file named Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.

When I do this LibreOffice opens up and I get an error warning that says that that file does not exist.

Finally, if I find the same file through LibreOffice and the extension manager, the same notice pops up.

All of that to say, I am at a loss for how to fix this issue. I have done everything I can think of to try. Any help would be appreciated!
  • In LibreOffice, under Tools --> Options --> LibreOffice --> Advanced
    what do you have set up (it should show the Java Runtime Environment, or JRE, you're currently running).
  • The "use a Java runtime environment" box is checked. In the box under vendor is "Oracle Corporation" and under version, it is 1.8.0_40
  • Could you try updating Java? 8_40 is kind of old.
    Not sure it'll help, but worth a try.

If it doesn't help, what's the exact error message you're getting for manual install (i.e. this one: "I get an error warning that says that that file does not exist.")
  • I updated Java with no success. Here is a copy of the error message: C:\Users\zpkruis\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu58o5u.tmp_\Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt does not exist.
  • edited August 20, 2016
    same problem here. please help on this firefox/zotero-libreoffice integration problem. Thank you. (Mac with Firefox and Java JDK updated.)

https://i.imgur.com/c8zkc6m.png
  • frankcsiu: That's a different error. I'd start by reinstalling Firefox — we don't normally recommend that, but the extension is definitely signed, so this is a problem on your computer — and if you're still having trouble start a new thread.
  • @zpkruis try https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#add_extension_s_does_not_exist_error (@frankcsiu -- this does _not_ apply to your proble; that's why we'd like that in a new thread).
  • edited November 6, 2016
    Hi,

also I can not start (Ubuntu LTS) Zotero (4.0.29.10) Libre office (5.1.4.2) integration; any help, please ? Though Writer has integrated zotero panel, it does not react, though zotero standalone program is open.

Any help, please ?

------
    Automatic installation does not work, I have to resort to manual.

There

You are about to install version 3.5.9 of the extension 'Zotero LibreOffice Integration'.
    That version is already installed.
    Click 'OK' to replace the installed extension.
    Click 'Cancel' to stop the installation.

gives error:
    ImplementationRegistration::registerImplementation() InvalidRegistryException during registration (prepareRegistry(): source registry is empty)

also to enable zotero extension in Libre Office gives:

ImplementationRegistration::registerImplementation() InvalidRegistryException during registration (prepareRegistry(): source registry is empty)

and

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

So something with Java on my Linux Desktop ?
  • Also, provided zotero extension, Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt - I removed it, and tried to add it again, and it gives me Java error...

Hmm.... I should check java environment ....

• I switched java environment in Libre Office Writer setting to Oracle 1.8.0.111, but still I am getting

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

• we've had several reports of that particular LO/Ubuntu combo not working. I'd try with a newer version of LO installed from their website rather than the Ubuntu repo.
  • Hi Adam,

I upgraded LO to the newest version 5.2.3.2 from dedicated ppa-repo (default Ubuntu version is 5.1.4.2).

The LO extension manager shows the previous ill 3.5.9 libraoffice zotero integrator, but somehow I can not delete it.

Likewise with newest LO Writer, I can not open (read) the "Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt" ... again Java type error....

Any comments, please ?

• edited November 10, 2016
    I am facing the same problem, it seems. The computer I am having trouble with is a Windows machine. Here is all the relevant info:

LibreOffice: ver. 5.2.3.3 (x64)
    Java: Oracle ver. 1.8.0_111
    Zotero: Standalone ver. 4.0.29.10

When I try to install the extension from Standalone, I get the following message:

"Installation could not be completed because an error occurred. Please ensure that LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org/NeoOffice is closed, and then restart Zotero."

If I choose the manual way and try to install the .xpi file from LibreOffice's extension manager, I get this:

"You are about to install version 3.5.9 of the extension 'Zotero LibreOffice Integration'.
    That version is already installed.
    Click 'OK' to replace the installed extension.
    Click 'Cancel' to stop the installation."

This is in spite of the fact that the extension is not listed in the extension manager, since I tried to remove it after an earlier failed update. Btw., the Zotero toolbar is there, but clicking its buttons does nothing.

When I hit "OK" to install, I get this:

"Could not create Java implementation loader"

Any ideas?

Edit: Actually, installing the "RTF/ODF Scan" extension from Standalone's add-on manager does not work, either. This is the message I get:

"The add-on "%S" could not be installed. It may be incompatible with this version of Zotero Standalone."
  • I have exactly the same problem as tluge, with exactly the same messages but with a completly different configuation except for Java JRE
    Java: Oracle 1.8.0_111
    Libre Office 5.2.2.2 (x64)
    Zotero firefox extension vers 4.0.29.16
  • This should be installed, but try sudo apt-get install libreoffice-java-common