[5.0 Beta] Auto update?

Should auto update be working? It is not for me. I've tried both update Default and Yes settings.

Mac 10.11.6
Firefox 47

My current practiice is to download and install the beta from the Zotero website every two or three days. For the past couple of times the version is unchanged.

It would be helpful to have an indication of the release number for the current version.
  • What makes you think it's not working?

You can see the latest build in the update manifest, but if it's there that should also be the version you auto-update to. There's no need to reinstall manually. The last build was on 7/22.
  • Update manifest? How should I view the rdf update manifest or should this automatically affect my Zotero plugin or Firefox? I fear that I wasn't clear when I phrased my question. I was asking about the 5.0 beta itself. Is there a way for me to know when there is a new version available? I must be missing something. I began routinely downloading the beta after a learned of updates in this forum. At that point I was 3 builds behind.

Thank you for your patience.
  • Builds aren't put out on a regular schedule, so being some arbitrary number behind isn't meaningful — it's entirely possible those three builds were built in the same hour. The beta just updates like any other Firefox extension — if you have Firefox set to update extensions automatically, you should get the latest version the next time you restart Firefox after Firefox checks for updates, which it does approximately once a day. There's no need to check for updates manually (which you can do from the Add-ons pane, again like any other Firefox extension) unless you want to immediately test something that's posted about in the forums.

I linked to the update manifest because you asked how to explicitly see the latest version, if you for some reason didn't trust the Firefox updater, but there's no expectation that anyone will look at that and no need to do so.
  • Thank you. This was indeed a problem of my own doing. I often keep Firefox open for several days. I will close Firefox much more frequently. I had used open tabs to remind me about things I wanted to revisit.
  • You can set Firefox to persist open tabs across restarts, FWIW — that shouldn't be any sort of impediment to restarting in order to install a new Zotero version.