Zotero not connecting to desktop version

I suddenly began receiving "translator" issues and Zotero will no longer update the desktop copy. I noticed the following error logs in the browser (Chrome): 44303218 and in the desktop version: 737238906.
  • The Report ID from Chrome doesn't appear to be valid — can you try again? We'd also need example URLs where you're getting errors.

To clarify, though, when you say "Zotero will no longer update the desktop copy" do you just mean that items aren't saving when you click the save button? What's the exact message you're receiving, if any?
  • The error occurs when attempting to save an item from Google Scholar. It is now occurring on two of my computers, so I believe this to be a systemic issue. The error that was listed in the "Report Errors" box was: [JavaScript Error: "Could not find BibTeX URL" {file: "eval at eval (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/translate_inject.js:50:9), <anonymous>" line: 544}]

The Report ID listed was: 1383436299.

I am able to save citations if I go to the journal site directly but not from the Google Scholar search results. Funny thing is that it was all working fine yesterday morning and then suddenly stopped working. I depend heavily on Zotero (my database has over 20,000 citations) so greatly appreciate your attention to this matter.
  • The Google Scholar problem is a known issue: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/61279/google-scholar-translation-issues/#Item_8

Subscribe to that thread for updates.
This discussion has been closed.