Reference type changes

has anyone else had issues with exporting from a group library online into zotero in firefox where the item type changes? I just did a small export/import and while the item says document in the group library, where it was added, in firefox it has come in as a journal article (RIS import).

Also, why do the notes not come in? Is there another format I should use that will solve these issues?

Thanks

Debbie
  • You should be able to import via the save to zotero icon, does that not work? Also, if this is meant as a workaround for the problem you have in your other thread, I'd just worry about that thread and get syncing to work. No reason to go the clumsy import/export route for that.
  • Hi again

I don't understand what you mean. I'm trying to bring references onto a PC which uses Zotero in Firefox and which I don't want to sync (reasons are complex). I'm keeping the group library completely separate from this machine and not syncing That is why I did the export/import route and noticed when choosing the RIS format references created online where coming into my zotero (within firefox) library as journal articles.

So, given that, is there a more reliable export file type I should use? In the past any attempts to use zotero specific export has failed miserably.

Thanks

Debbie
  • Zotero RDF should work best, but as I said, you should be able to just click the browser icon to save to Zotero when looking at any Zotero library, group or otherwise.