Library settings: All members can add&edit entries, but only Administrators can remove%delete them

I am interested in creating a closed public library with the following settings: All members can add entries, but only administrators can edit&remove/delete them.
Is it possible to create such a library?
  • not currently, no.
    Generally more finely grained permissions are planned, but I neither know when that will happen, nor if your requested option will be included (personally I think it makes sense for many pedagogical uses, so I'd hope so).
  • Many thanks for your quick reply. I greatly appreciate your 1st class service.
    May I add and ask why some names for newly created groups are rejected ("invalid name"), even though they do not seem to exist? Is there a way to apply for a library-name which is said to be invalid?
  • Could you give an example? I'm not aware of any invalid names, but note that it may not always be possible to check whether a given name already exists (if the group is private)
  • I was specifically trying to create a group named 'Index_Islamicus', but it is said to be an "Invalid name".
  • You can't use Index at the beginning of the group's name (presumably to prevent a URL subelement starting with index). "The Index Islamicus" e.g. works.
  • I see. Thank you