Error using Word plugin

Receiving the following error:
this.registry.registry[Item.id] is undefined

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • which Zotero and Word version? I assume this only happens in one specific document?
  • Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
    Zotero 4.0.29.10
    Doctoral dissertation document
  • Still seeking assistance!
  • Try https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents (sorry for the delay). This usually is a single broken/corrupt citation.
  • Report ID: 478271686
    I've tried all of the fixes suggested above with no results.
  • edited July 22, 2016
    could you describe what happens when you split up the document? Does the error occur on any segment of it?

Also: I'm not quite sure you answered my original question about whether this only happens in one document. I understand it does happen in your dissertation, but could you confirm that Zotero works normally in a fresh document?
  • Upon split - same error both segments
    New document - same error
    Copied document - same error
    Renamed document - same error
  • Unable to change document preferences - "Zotero experienced an error updating your document this.registry.registry[item.id] is undefined"
  • Deleted bibliography and now unable to recreated. Ack!
  • So you're getting the same error in a new document, too. That's no good. Before or after selecting a citation style? If after, could you try selecting a different style? And which style are you currently using?
  • Deleted recent install of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. This may have been causing the problem. Have been able to create a bibliography and change styles within the document. Writing in APA style. The error still fires with one particular reference which I have deleted and re-captured multiple times. Will work around this problem.
  • we'd be very interested in that reference. Could you right-click that in Zotero, export as CSL JSON and then post it here?
  • [
    {
    "id": "http://zotero.org/users/78917/items/B6R9S648",
    "type": "article-journal",
    "title": "‘‘Day-to-day” entrepreneurship within organisations: The role of trait Emotional Intelligence and Perceived Organisational Support",
    "container-title": "European Management Journal",
    "page": "165-175",
    "volume": "27",
    "issue": "3",
    "source": "ScienceDirect",
    "abstract": "Summary\nThe aim of this article is to deepen the understanding of the factors, which influence individual entrepreneurial behaviour in organisations. Using a sample of 224 employees from four organisations, we tested by means of structural equation modeling the influence of personal traits (represented by trait EI or emotional self-efficacy) and contextual factors (represented by Perceived Organisational Support – POS) on entrepreneurial behaviour. Results indicate that both personal and contextual variables correlate with individual entrepreneurial behaviour. Moreover, findings demonstrate a significant negative relationship of the joint impact of POS and organisation tenure on entrepreneurial behaviour. The present effort extends theoretical and empirical research on the effects of personal and contextual factors on corporate entrepreneurship while applications of the results are discussed.",
    "URL": "http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0263237308001011",
    "DOI": "10.1016/j.emj.2008.08.003",
    "ISSN": "0263-2373",
    "shortTitle": "‘‘Day-to-day” entrepreneurship within organisations",
    "journalAbbreviation": "European Management Journal",
    "author": [
    {
    "family": "Zampetakis",
    "given": "Leonidas A."
    },
    {
    "family": "Beldekos",
    "given": "Panagiotis"
    },
    {
    "family": "Moustakis",
    "given": "Vassilis S."
    }
    ],
    "issued": {
    "date-parts": [
    [
    "2009",
    ]
    ]
    },
    "accessed": {
    "date-parts": [
    [
    "2016",
    ]
    ]
    }
    }
    ]
  • I assume the "Day to day" looks normal on your end. Could you try replacing it with “Day-to-day” (copy and paste from here). Sciencedirect has some weird stuff in the title, particularly the quotation marks (though obviously Zotero shouldn't break because of it).

@fbennett -- could you check this out? I can replicate an error when using the straight import from
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0263237308001011
    in a Word document.
  • That fixed it! Thank you!