delete all library content on server

Hi - my standalone Zot had 10+ search icon folders under library, none of which could be deleted (clicking or right-clicking on icons simply led to circling wheel with no resolution) - I have reinstalled a "clean standalone library" on my pc (ie no files within library at startup) & downloaded all my requisite pdfs etc & created new, clean library with correct storage etc. I have gone into my server settings & purged my library online. Clicking on Storage shows 0 MB in my library - clicking on "my library" on line shows files still in place. Syncing my "clean" pc version simply downloads all the inwanted crap I hoped I had purged. What am i doing wrong? Thanks
  • I question your impulse to always go and try to start with a clean slate as soon as something isn't working 100% -- I'd recommend troubleshooting the actual issue instead, which will very likely take less time.

But FWIW, we went through the whole clean slate thing before. Purge doesn't do what you think it does. See my explanation of purge (and if you really do want to clean out your library, aurimas's solution) here:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/47051/cannot-purge-server-items/
  • OK - thanks - I tried finding the original post earlier. I will use the Reset/Restore option.