Citation of a law

I've added as an statute the preliminar section of the spanish constitution, and the citation insert twice the section (APA): (Constitución Española, 1978, sec. Título preliminar sec. Título preliminar)
I've modified it manually, then I have no problem, but I think it's an error and I want to report it.
  • edited May 25, 2016
    How do you have your data stored in Zotero (what field? is "sec." included in your data?) and what did you modify in the style to remove the redundant output? Looking at the apa.csl style, it looks to me like section is only be shown once, so I must be missing something here.
  • edited May 25, 2016
    I can't reproduce the duplication fault here (yet), but there does appear to be a bug in the works. The Section field is being remapped in citations to CSL "locator", with a "sec." prefix on the field.

This is correct only in Juris-M, where "Section" is used for pinpoints (so that individual sections can be stored and annotated as individual items). The code for that should be completely disabled by default, and apparently it is not. I'll look into that soon, and get a fix out.
  • Hello,

Any update regarding this issue?

I tested different styles, each time:
    - item section is display as a section locator (with the default "sec." label before, even if the style specifies an other label for section locator for legislations)
    - the citation add a section locator with the style label for section
    - if you specify a locator with your citation, it is displayed by after with the section.

I have : [title], [year], [code], sec. [section], [locator label] [section] and [title], [year], [code], sec. [section], [locator label] [section] [locator value]

I should have : [title], [year], [code], [section] and [title], [year], [code], [section], [locator label] [locator value]
  • @fbennett : Can I switch back to a specific version of Zotero to avoid that issue? Or is that version of citeproc-js in every version now? (using Zotero with Word 2016)
  • Sorry, I let this one slip. It's fixed now. You can try out the fix by installing one of the Propachi plugins. You should remove the plugin after the next Juris-M or Zotero release.

@fmartinbariteau: This was broken in both Zotero and Juris-M, and the interim fix above will work for both.
  • @fbennett Thank you!!! I'll activate Propachi.

Btw, if you have some time, could you have a look at this issue: https://github.com/zotero/zotero/issues/893
    Thanks!