Date format

I am based in Scandinavia and I have problems changing my date format from mm/dd/year to dd/mm/year in zotero stand alone.

general.useragent.locale is set to en-GB and intl.locale.matchOS to false, but it doesn't result in a dd/mm/year format. What can I do to change the date format?
  • Do you nee it in Zotero or in output from citation style?
  • Not sure how to answer this, but when I look at all my documents in Zotero, it would be helpful to see then listed according to date. The date matters because I work with newspaper articles. I hope this makes sense.
  • edited May 25, 2016
    You can add field "Date" in the middle collum of Zotero (click on last icon in the header of middle collum) and then sort items. It should be work correctly with all formats of date.
  • I do have a collum called date, but it organises the files according to mm/dd/year and i cannot figure out how to change to dd/mm/year.
  • Fwiw, the date column shorts correctly regardless of display
  • edited May 25, 2016
    If you click on the head of column you will have sorting items correctly. Zotero does not change formats of date. How you input date in database then this format will be showed. Zoter only try to identify day, month and year in the date (not successfully in all cases). You can control it in right collum, where is "d", "m" or "y" I have some items with date Jan. 3 2016 and other in format 03-01-2016 etc., but it is not important for sorting.
  • Thank you. I will see if I can make it work.