citation indexing

Hi all,

I don't why but one of the computer of the lab, the reference indexing in the text results like that:
".... catalysis, molecular electronics, and energy applications and so on.51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61 ....]
meaning that, if 10 articles (consecutive) are related to the topic of the sentence they are indexed each instead of 51-61 like in the example.

it (or I) might be dumm but I can not find the option to switch to 51-61!

does anyone has clue or a solution?

in advance thank,
cheers
  • which style? This should normally just happen automatically.
  • Hi Adam,

Thats the point, it should do it automaticaly. And on all the other computer of the lab, it does.
    But not on this computer which has the latest version of Zotero and that what ever the style chosen.
  • is this in the same document or a different document? Are you sure the citation(s) are insterted correctly as a single, multiple-source citation?
  • that's yes to "is this in the same document" too?
    Obviously this isn't working as intended, so we'll have to run through some troubleshooting steps and I need to know what exactly is going on.
  • yes to the 2 questions;

I tried to insert from computer with my zotero (different from the one the problem is) and the ref just mark normaly (read 51-60 and not 51,52,53,54,55...)

May be that's just a bug which appear at the (zotero) installation?

I'll try tomorrow to uninstall and re-install and recompil it;
  • It is almost never necessary to uninstall to fix issues like this, so I would hold off for now to avoid wasting time.

A couple of questions--please give full detail in your answers about what exactly you are doing so that we can follow what is happening.

1. On the computer where this isn't working, does the problem occur when you insert citations into a new document?

2. On the computer where this isn't working, does the problem occur when you switch to a different citation style?

3. What citation style are you using? Try to download (https://www.zotero.org/styles/) and re-install just that style.