Cannot export library with ALL the attachments

I am having some issues with my Zotero database and I am starting a new one from scratch, by exporting and reimporting my libraries.

So I export my libraries, turn off Standalone and Firefox, rename my .zotero directory (to .zotero.bak) restart standalone and a new .zotero directory is created).

I then import the previously created RDF files and my libraries are recreated successfully. Now the issues I had are resolved!

Only one problem: Library items that have webpage snapshots as attachments are only partially imported: only the html file is imported as attachment, and any linked files (gif's, png's, etc) that made up the complete webpage snapshot are disregarded.

I thought of manually copy-pasting the subdirs between the zotero/storage directories, but they are renamed by the database, so if I did that the whole thing would become corrupt.

Is there any way to import the ALL of the attached files?

Thanks!
  • Does anyone remember if this used to work? It seems odd that it never has, but I also don't really see how it can given the way the translatore is written.

@thanasis -- before you proceed further with this strategy: you do realize this will break the Zotero connection to every document you've authored with Zotero, yes? Generally, fixing your database issues would be preferable.
  • UPDATE: Fortunately I keep everything, so I went back to my original exported RDF files, deleted the .zotero dir, recreated it and re-imported. This time, everything was imported correctly. Can't understand where things went wrong the first time.

However...

What you said just occurred to me, so I guess I'd better get down to correcting my database issue.

I will start another thread for that.
  • Started new thread at: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/59299/database-problem-cannot-import-certain-strings/
  • As I already had done this, I thought I might experiment a little...

So, with my newly created database, I opened a previously created document.

I added a citation, refreshed and voila! It was added to the citations list with the correct format and everything.

I even added a new one, and it was seamlessly added to the reference list.

What did not work though, was when I tried to edit that citation. Connectivity there was indeed lost! I could only edit the newly added citations.
  • Zotero embeds all citation information into documents when you cite, so they still work even when the connection is broken, but the citations don't update from Zotero anymore (e.g. if you fix spelling or so).