[Juris-M] Footnotes Without Citation

I'm trying to insert a footnote in Microsoft Word that does not have any reference or citation from Zotero library. I tried using the Word's built-in insert footnote button, but this caused a problem with the subsequent footnote.

The next footnote referenced a previously cited reference. (Id at 606) for example. When I insert a footnote before this one, it should be changed to Author_Name, supra note 2, at 606. But this does not happen when I insert a footnote directly from Word.

Is there to insert a footnote using Zotero without a particular item from the library?
  • Inserting the footnote straight from Word is the way to go and Zotero/Juris-m should recognize this properly. Have you tried clicking the "refresh" button in the Word add-on afterwards?
  • Thanks the refresh button did the trick. I did tried it before and for some reason did not work. Now it works. Thank you.
  • edited May 26, 2016
    I also want to add a non-bibliographic footnote/endnote, however I do not get the behaviour described above.

I am using the Americhal Chemical Society style, which has citations as endnotes and I want to include among my endnotes a small piece of explanatory text (after all, footnotes/endones were not invented only for bibliographic citations, were they?). From trying various combinations, built-in Word footnotes/endnotes and Zotero-generated ones simply do not mingle.

The only workaround I can think of is to make a dummy bibliograaphic entry with not elements (or at least no visible elements for the style I am using) and:
    1) Include my text as prefix or suffix, or
    2) If I want to include some special formatting or objects (e.g. equations) to select "edit bibliography", which will deactivate the updating and then add these formattings/objects subsequently.

Of course, I will have to make one dummy entry for every text footnote/endnote I will want to create, so that each will get its own reference number.

Does that sound like a viable strategy? Am I overlooking something?

UPDATE: This seems to work, with the exception that if I add an object (e.g. Mathtype equation), after an update the object is deleted.