Report-ID: 265322241 - Zotero doesn't work anymore

Hi there,

since today, Zotero standalone doesn't work anymore. After starting it, a few seconds later (or immediately when I try to do any Action) an error occurs, message shows: "Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. Bitte starten Sie Zotero neu." Report ID is 265322241

The path to the database and all the pdfs there seems to be still accessible on the hard drive, but restarting Zotero doesn't help, the same error occurs all the time.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Anna
  • Try this:
    https://www.zotero.org/utils/dbfix/
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFileInputStream.init]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translator.js" line: 453}]
    Actually, rather than your database, this looks like a problem with permissions in the 'translators' directory within your Zotero data directory. Might be due to security software on your computer, so if you're running any, try disabling it. You can also try just deleting the 'translators' directory and restarting Zotero, though this shouldn't happen to begin with.
  • Thank you guys, the database fix didn't help, and the first try to delete the "translators" folder also not, but I gave it a second try, and now everything seems to work fine again! I can't disable the security software, as my computer is within a company network from time to time.

Again, thank you for the prompt help!
    Cheers,
    Anna