Library format differs from Bibliography

If this is covered elsewhere...please redirect me.

I have a reference that outputs into the bibliography incorrectly. The reference output into Word is: Aguinis, H., & Glavas, A. (2012). What We Know and Don’t Know About Corporate Social Responsibility A Review and Research Agenda. Journal of Management, 38(4), 932–968. http://doi.org/10.1177/0149206311436079

But for the library I have the title in sentence case (APA format): What we know and don’t know about corporate social responsibility: A review and research agenda

Why is the Bibliography not outputting correctly (I only have this one that causes problems, all other references export correctly into the Bibliography)

Thanks, Candace
  • Is this also the case when you right-click on the item --> Create Bibliography, select APA as citation style and Clipboard as format and then paste it (e.g. here)?

I don't see any reason why this would be happening other than that there's an old version embedded in your document.
  • Adam, your directions create a correct reference with the title of the article in sentence case. The problem occurs when I use the Bibliography icon in the Add-Ins from Word.
  • You have an old version of the item in your Word document that likely isn't linked to your library anymore or is a duplicate.
    First, check if this is the only instance of the item in question in your libary. Otherwise, <i>merge</i> the duplicates (select both, right-click, merge items).
    If there are no duplicates, you'll need to delete all instances of the item in question from your text and re-insert, making sure that you insert from under "My Library" in the Word add-on.
  • There were no duplicates. I deleted reference and citation from text and download again from the library database, added back the citation. That fixed the problem. Thanks.