Re-import from xml file

Hi,

I have to re-import an xml file to my newly created Zotero group library. This xml file was exported from the library of another Zotero group. Is there a way to do this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Quite a large database, it would take me weeks to add all the titles manually to the new group library.
  • Have you tried just using "Import" and selecting the file?
  • Hello, yes, but it simply imported the xml, and was told that "The selected file is not in a supported format."
  • edited April 26, 2016
    OK, how did you export that file from Zotero exactly? In what format?

edit: just to be clear -- Zotero doesn't have an export format that's "XML" -- it has several XML formats like Endnote XML and various RDF formats.
  • Hi, I went to File/Export library - then ticked the last three things in the pop -up window: Generate ZML IDs, Full TEI Document, Export Collections.
    The file however I want to 're-import' was not exported by me. I took over the job from someone else who had a different Zotero group which is inaccessible now, but I have the xml file which was extracted from there - I assume in the same way as I exported stuff from the my Zotero group library.
  • Sorry, forgot to reply the main question. The small pop-up window when I am exporting is set to TEI format.
  • Zotero can't import TEI. Ideally, you should use a format Zotero can import. If re-export is not possible, you may need to convert the TEI to something like MODS XML using a third-party tool.