Zotero interfering with Gmail

This sounds odd, I know; but when the Zotero extension in Chrome is activated, Gmail grinds to a halt. Typing in Gmail slows down, editing is almost impossible. Anyone else seeing anything like this? Started a few weeks back. Thanks for any help.
  • Could you provide a Debug ID from Chrome for 20 seconds or so of this, when it's being slow?
  • zotero.js:144 TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined at chrome-extension://jciblakmllnhbhjjgkbkeihelcndmgnh/messaging_inject.js:78logError @ zotero.js:144(anonymous function) @ messaging_inject.js:80sendResponseAndClearCallback @ extensions::messaging:342disconnectListener @ extensions::messaging:363target.(anonymous function) @ extensions::SafeBuiltins:19EventImpl.dispatchToListener @ extensions::event_bindings:387target.(anonymous function) @ extensions::SafeBuiltins:19publicClass.(anonymous function) @ extensions::utils:94EventImpl.dispatch_ @ extensions::event_bindings:371EventImpl.dispatch @ extensions::event_bindings:393target.(anonymous function) @ extensions::SafeBuiltins:19publicClass.(anonymous function) @ extensions::utils:94dispatchOnDisconnect @ extensions::messaging:306
    zotero.js:144 TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined at chrome-extension://jciblakmllnhbhjjgkbkeihelcndmgnh/messaging_inject.js:78logError @ zotero.js:144(anonymous function) @ messaging_inject.js:80sendResponseAndClearCallback @ extensions::messaging:342disconnectListener @ extensions::messaging:363target.(anonymous function) @ extensions::SafeBuiltins:19EventImpl.dispatchToListener @ extensions::event_bindings:387target.(anonymous function) @ extensions::SafeBuiltins:19publicClass.(anonymous function) @ extensions::utils:94EventImpl.dispatch_ @ extensions::event_bindings:371EventImpl.dispatch @ extensions::event_bindings:393target.(anonymous function) @ extensions::SafeBuiltins:19publicClass.(anonymous function) @ extensions::utils:94dispatchOnDisconnect @ extensions::messaging:306
  • That's not actually a Debug ID. Can you try that again? And be sure you're actually interacting with Gmail in ways that demonstrate its slowness while this is running.
  • Sorry for the delay - things worked fine for a while. And when it doesn't work, it freezes so that I can't open the debug ID. But perhaps I got it this time: The Debug ID is D1501442334.
    Though it also had an error submitting the error report "Invalid response from repository".

Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll try again.

One other thing - The fans sometime roar when I'm having this problem, but when I turn off the Zotero extension things go back to normal.

And again, thanks for your help.