Word Plugin

Hello,

i have a problem with the Word-plugin for Zotero. I use Zotero on multiple desktops and all work fine until i try to install it on the last. Zotero works, and also the plugin-toolbar in word applied, but when i click on it this error occurs:

[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\37piyfvk.default\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/***/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/37piyfvk.default/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]'[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\37piyfvk.default\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/***/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/37piyfvk.default/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getDocument]

Until yet i tried to install again Zotero + plugin + Java (all newest Versions), but now i have no Idea.

So i hope you can help me.

Kind regards Frank
  • This problem is on Firefox 64b. One solution is to use 32b firefox.
  • Ah, great thanks for your information. Now it works fine.
  • edited July 6, 2016
    Bonjour,
    J'ai exactement le même problème. [JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mzqo8ahq.default\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193"....

Est-ce que le retour à Firefox 32 b est la seule solution . Je crains d'avoir d'autres problèmes avec Java et j'ai lu que cela n'est pas conseillé sur le site de Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-older-version-of-firefox
    Install an older version of Firefox

Often when there is a problem with a Firefox update, people look for a way to go back to the previous version. That usually doesn't solve the problem and will make your computer and information vulnerable to attack. This article gives you some alternatives to downgrading and links to old versions of Firefox if you do choose to downgrade.
    Installing a previous version doesn't fix most problems...

Merci!
  • The 32-bit version of Firefox is not an older version. You'd be installing the same, up-to-date version of Firefox (i.e. currently 47.0.x), just in a 32-bit version. The article you link to does not apply. (Not sure where the specific concern about Java comes from, but unless absolutely necessary, most security people recommend not running a java plugin in your browser at all. In case that refers to the error message: Java and JavaScript are two completely different things).

The alternative is to use Zotero Standalone in addition to the Firefox add-on and make sure to have that running when writing in Word. As they share the data directory, that'll work smoothly and you'll be able to keep using the 64-bit version of Firefox..
  • A 64-bit–compatible version is now available for testing:

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/263206/#Comment_263206

Subscribe to that thread for updates.