cannot add bibliography

Error ID 277589117 I am using Zotero on Mac in Word 2014 . I did not have problem adding citation. But now it does not allow me insert bibliography saying : Zotero experienced an error updating your document. state.registry.registry[blobjr.strings.first_blob] is undefined
My document is 200 pages long and a have many multiple citations. Is there a resolution? I need it fast since I need to submit a document by Sunday.
  • Oh. And now it does not allow me add any other citations as well pointing at the same error
  • Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

sep is undefined
  • This is probably your best choice: https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents
  • I got the same issue and in my case, Zotero failed to read the bulk citations like [26-55].

The solution is that:
    (1) Delete bulk citations. (sorry, I don't know how to name this kind of citation)
    (2) Delete Bibliography.

Then make the citations and add Bibliography again. It works now.
  • report id: 1360817465

I have just found the 'sep undefined error'. I am trying to cite an article that I have added to my list. The title included single quotation marks. When I removed the quotation marks from the title it worked fine, and I added them back in to the document inside Word. But there must still be a bug.

USing Firefox / Mavericks / Word for Mac 2011
  • Thanks -- was that a single smart quote (i.e. ‘ or ’) or a straight quote (')? Was that article/item imported from somewhere online? Could you give us the URL?
  • I'm not sure exactly what kind of quotes are being used but the article is available. It was at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15295039809367030. To be honest I am confused about the difference but it looks like the 2 might be surrounded by straight quotes and the U by smart quotes.

thanks for whatever you can do.
  • Both the single and double quotation marks in the article are "smart" quotes -- that is, the leading and trailing marks are symmetrically different.

I, for one, hate smart quotes in metadata but like them in printed material. Am I correct that some translators convert smart quotes to straight marks? Do any styles convert straight to smart?
  • I don't think we have any translators converting straight to smart quotes, at least none that I'm aware of. Styles only convert straight to smart, not the other way around (though I think they could: if you have straight quotes set up in the locale, I think the style would convert _to_ straight quotes).

I've seen one other similar error report related to smart quotes in metadata. I'll try to get Frank to have a look.