Batch import of PDFs from a PubMed search

hi zotero gurus,

i'm new to zotero. previously, i'd used quosa for literature searches -- you do a regular pubmed search, then click on a single button and all PDFs would be retrieved automatically (at least those for which our library has a subscription). quosa is going away, so: can i do something similar with zotero?

thanks in advance.

-dh
  • wait, Quosa is going away? Very curious about that, do you have any more info?

Unfortunately, the answer to this one is no. Currently Zotero is only able to get PDFs for databases that directly host them (like pubmed central, for example). The ability to refetch additional data as well as PDFs is generally planned, but it's not going to be very soon, I'm afraid.
  • here's the text of an email i got when i inquired about renewing my quosa subscription:

Ed Mckenna (QUOSA)
    Mar 11, 10:17
    Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry about QUOSA.
    We are in the process of making QUOSA available exclusively for corporate and institutional use.
    For individual reference and literature management tasks, we are encouraging individual QUOSA subscribers to migrate to Mendeley (https://www.mendeley.com/features/). It’s a free service that Elsevier acquired and should meet your needs.
  • oh OK, I'm working with their institutional clients and was surprised no one had said anything. That would explain why.
    I don't think Mendeley does what you're asking for either, but they might be closer.
    Endnote does.