Zotero experienced an error updating your document in Word 2010

When I want to add a citation from Zotero into any Word 2010 document, this following message appears:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\g7c7cx32.default-1452756369425\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/g7c7cx32.default-1452756369425/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]'[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\g7c7cx32.default-1452756369425\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/g7c7cx32.default-1452756369425/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getDocument]

I have the latest version of FF and Word plug-in for Zotero.
Before updating FF, there was no problem...
I tried to re-install firefox and the plug-in but the problem is still unsolved.
What should I do?
  • edited March 14, 2016
    I am having exactly the same problem.
    The problem affects new and existing Word documents already containing Zotero insertions.
    Last Zotero version and Word integration add-on for Firefox 45, Word 2010 and Word 2013, running on Windows 10.
    Report ID 934165533 sent today.

*** Zotero Integration Error ***

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6t5kpsla.default-1438195913351\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/6t5kpsla.default-1438195913351/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]'[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6t5kpsla.default-1438195913351\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/6t5kpsla.default-1438195913351/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getDocument]
  • we've seen this a bunch for people running 64-bit Firefox -- any chance that's the case here?
  • Yes, this is my case.
    But if currently there is no way to make Zotero run on Firefox 64 bit, please add some information on this on https://www.zotero.org/download/ - "Zotero for Firefox (32 bit)" instead of "Zotero for Firefox", which can be misleading. Then we can avoid an additional bunch of people congesting the forum. Thanks!
  • @Dan -- would it maybe even possible to test for this during the install of the Word-add on? And yes, please add this to the install page.