Issues with Syncing, "not having enough storage" with storage.

Hello:

I am having issues syncing my Zotero stand alone on two computers-- the one computer continues syncing without finishing (over two hours I have been trying to get it to function). The next issue is that one computer stand alone says that there is not enough storage-- when I go to my group's storage it says I've used 1.8mb of the storage that we've purchased-- I need to sync so that all of the admins in the group can have access to all of the citations and the PDFs that are attached to them both in standalone and on the Zotero page for our group-- the closed blue circles are present on two different computers of the group member writing this post but no other group members who have access to stored files are able to access this. The citations on the online Zotero show PDFs but will not allow any of us to download the articles. Please help!!

Thanks!
  • Group storage counts against the group owner's quota, and the owner of the group you're in only has 300 MB and has no space left. If you want to use your storage account, they'd have to transfer ownership of the group to you.

For the syncing-not-finishing issue, we'd need more details on what exactly is happening — what does it say when you hover over the sync icon, is there a blue progress bar, what does it say when you hover over that...
  • We have transferred the ownership for the group from jpk15 to me phobbs45 or ph14@cornell.edu I have unlimited storage. But there are open circles to the right of all the references not solid circles. But I am sure we uploaded all the attached files. How can we get these to show solid circles? Or should we make Emily the owner to do that? We have over 2000 references and don't want to transfer all this attempts again. When we hover over the synchronize button it just says last synched 7 days ago. In each reference at the bottom it shows a name of a PDF file but says upload attachment, but then a box saying drop file here or browse, but they are in the Zotero database!! Can you help?
  • edited February 8, 2016
    The files will need to be uploaded, now that there's space in the group. That should work automatically now, but see Files Not Syncing if you're having trouble.
  • I feel stupid but how do I open the Zotero preferences page??
  • https://www.zotero.org/support/preferences

Again, though, this shouldn't be necessary — the person with the files would've been getting a quota error before, and now that there's space in the group syncing should upload those files automatically.