Full search doesn't work

Please, help me, answer two questions: why online full search doesn't work and link attached

files are not accessed.

I work in default Zotero Standalone ver 4.0.26.4 with registration on Zotero.org. Each item of

the library consists of Document with text in field Abstract. All fields are entered by hand.

To each Document a link to full file Ms Word is attached. For two Documents I attached links to

.pdf files. All full files there were 1) at first on a local disk of my computor, 2)later on a

server of my office.
3) I work also in similar instalation of Zotero Standalone, but with full files on "cloud"

(YandexDisk) (syncronized).

Tests:
Full search in items with attached Ms Word files for all cases 1)-3):
- I make full search by the word from field Abstract:
in local session - full search works,
in online session - doesn't work - answer "No items founded"

- I make full search by the word from text of attached file:
in local session - full search doesn't work,
in online session - doesn't work - answer "No items founded".

Full search in items with .pdf files(indexed) for all cases 1)-3):
- I make full search by the word from field Abstract
in online session - doesn't work - answer "No items founded" .

- I make full search by the word from text of attached file:
in online session - full search works.

2. In online session the link attached files are not accessed in all cases.
Why?
  • edited November 29, 2015
    The website currently searches only Title/Creator/Year and, if you choose, full-text content. It won't find values in Abstract. This will be improved in the future.

The client only indexes full-text content from text files, HTML files, and PDFs, and online full-text search relies on a client to upload the full-text content, so searching for text in Word documents won't work.
  • Thank you very much for the quick response. Excuse me for delay. You help me to understand some problems.
    Excuse me, but may you say, when you consider full search in website will work?

I note, that full search by Cyrillic in attached files (links and copies) doesn't work with:
    HTML-files (transformation from Word-files with text mainly) un local session;
    txt-files in local and on-line (website) session. Am I write?

And another question - why the linked files are not accessible for looking in website, even if they are placed on “cloud”? (except pdf-files - those open at once.)

Thank you.
  • edited February 12, 2016
    I have a group library & I'd like to have other group members be able to search the full text of attached pdfs in that library. however, when I uploaded the pdfs, I didn't have PDF indexing turned on in my preferences. Question--if I install PDF indexing, and rebuild the index, will the references in my group library online now have the full text searching of the attached pdfs enabled, once I sync? In other words, is there anyway to get full text searching enabled after the horses are out of the barn? Thanks
  • I'm 99% sure that re-indexing will do the trick, yes. Make sure that you have syncing the full text index enabled (the default).
  • Thanks for the quick reply--will give this a try