Error-ID: 1294275566

Hello,

i use zotero for a long time to sort and store my literatur. So now suddenly i can´t attach URI´s form myNetwork. There occures no error when i try to attach, but it creates no Link. Even when i try one old Link, which i attached aproximate one month ago.

I hope you can help me.

Greetings Frank
  • [JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI: Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIURL.spec]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/attachments.js" line: 1337}]
    Can you explain exactly what you're trying to do, step by step?

https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#provide_steps_to_reproduce
  • Hello,

Ok i try:

1. Save PDF on our Network
    2. Create Zotero-literatur-entry
    3. rigt-Clik on entry and chose "Anhang hinzufügen" - "Link zur URI hinzufügen..."
    4. Copy path from Date "C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\Test.docx"
    5. Paste this to Zotero
    6. Enter

Normaly it creates the Link, but at the moment it does nothing.

Sorry for German Names, but i have no idea how it named in english.
  • ("German Names, but i have no idea how it named in english." -- we actually prefer you provide us original labels, i.e. German in your case, so this is great. Dan will need to check on the error itself).
  • You're trying to paste in a file path as a URI. That shouldn't result in a silent error, but it shouldn't work either. If you want to attach a local file, you need to use Attach Link to File. (That's not currently possible within groups.)
  • The mysterios is that this worked fine until 2 weeks ago. So my question is, can and want you change it back so that it work or was it a "bug" and we must find another version to link our files.

Greetings Frank
  • Nothing changed around this, sorry. The last Zotero update was almost two months ago.
  • Ok, Thank you. Then it´s real strange. Is it right that there is a back-up-Loop which check the URI and when it not returned a Signal, then the silent error occurs?

In this case, is there the opportunity to overgo this back-up-Loop (romiseWalker.walkerLoop)? Because the URI works really fine, but Zotero don´t allow to create them.
  • What exactly are you trying to do? If you're trying to add a file path as a URI, that won't work.