Trouble synching with WebDAV, error ID: 135118431

If I sync with my mac laptop or PC desktop using Firefox add on or the stand alone app I get a exclamation point icon after syncing with an error. The errors vary but the most common one is "HTTP 500 error from WebDAV server for GET request". I cannot be certain but everything seems to be syncing properly -- so maybe this is a non-issue but it is a little disconcerting to see an error message every time.
  • that'd be an error from your WebDAV provider -- possibly intermittently, so you'd have to ask them (or if it's your own, check your server logs). 500 is an internal server error, so that should never occur with a properly specified webDAV.
  • Okay, thanks. I'll contact them.
  • My WebDAV provider is 4shared. I discussed this with them. I'm able to sync for 4shared using other apps. 4shared says the problem is on the Zotero side. Currently I get a HTTP 0 error when I try to sync via Zotero.
  • sync and webDAV sync isn't the same. We often find that webDAV isn't a high priority for sync providers and there are problems in their implementation. Maybe Dan has additional input, but Zotero works with properly defined webDAV servers. Thousands of people have that running.
  • Many users have reported issued with 4shared's implementation of WebDAV. It has been suggested that they have a 5000 item limit in folders (~2500 Zotero items), that you may have to create the zotero directory manually, and that it has sometimes apparently renamed files and/or fail to report that they exist.

Zotero uses standard WebDAV commands and it works with standard WebDAV servers, but it seems that 4shared'd implementation is not standard.

The 500 error is a generic/unspecified server error. No client would be able to deduce the cause. If 4shared thinks the client is to blame, they should be able to say what is causing that error.