Forced to restart

Error ID: 62953569

It has happened twice that there was a message that an error (not specified) occurred and I was asked to restart Firefox.

Why is that and can I do something to avoid it?

Thanks in advance

PS: it occurred in a synchronized shared group without any further intervention of mine (that I know of)
  • NS_ERROR_STORAGE_IOERR
    This usually happens when you have your Zotero data directory on a network share or within a server-mirrored home directory. If that's the case for you, I'd recommend moving it to a regular location on your local hard drive and then checking your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • Thanks for the reply. Indeed, I have placed the data directory on a network share in order to have regular automatic backup. Do I understand it correctly that this is generally not recommended? If I had it on a local hard drive I would have to install another backup routine (which I'd rather like to avoid).
  • Network shares can break some of the standard filesystem behaviors (related to locking, usually) that the database software Zotero uses relies upon, so we generally recommend against it. Some probably work better than others, but it's not something we test, and it's a common source of errors.