error during actualization of my document

Error report ID: 2030318500 says "Zotero noted an error during actualization of your document. (intermediate value) (command) is not a function."

I can not insert or edit citations. It seems that some actualization of Zotero has been automatically done because I see new buttons in Word plug-in and it does not communicate with my Word documents any more.
  • Is that only for existing documents or also for new ones?

Which Zotero version?
  • Zotero Standalone version 4.0.28.7. It communicates with Google Chrome but not with Word, neither for old documents nor for new ones.

It seems to me that new word plug-in (it was somehow automatically installed) is for Firefox because now the error state that Firefox cannot communicate. Are word plug-ins for Firefox and Chrome different?
  • edited November 24, 2015
    Are word plug-ins for Firefox and Chrome different?
    No, that's just an old error message that still refers to the time when
    Zotero was just a Firefox add-on and hasn't been updated.

When you get the "cannot communicate" message -- you have Zotero open?
    Have you tried re-installing the Word components from the "Cite" tab of the Zotero preferences?
  • Yes, I have Zotero Standalone open when I want to edit references in my document. I also tried to reinstall Word component in Zotero.

Now it works only when I open my document and Firefox (Zotero Standalone have to be closed). When I open Zotero Standalone and try to add citation, it does not work. So I still think I must have different version of Word plug-in (for Firefox, not for Chrome), but I have not change it before. Probably I should try to reinstall everything (I prefer Standalone).
  • edited December 2, 2015
    Have you tried this in Standalone?
    Have you tried re-installing the Word components from the "Cite" tab of the Zotero preferences?
  • Yes, I have also tried this.
  • The only other reasons we have seen this are the ones listed here:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#communication_error_or_non-responsive_plugin_buttons

Note that the first one also applies to Zotero Standalone, i.e. check that the Word add-on is enabled under tools--addons for Standalone, too.