Recovering a library done with Zotero Connector (Chrome)

I had a previous version of Zotero (4.0.21.2) installed on my old netbook with Windows XP SP3 until late September which I used to organise my library through the Chrome extension. My netbook accidentally fell to the ground and I had to buy a new one, but I managed to find a way to access all data of my old HDD through a USB case.
Now I wanted to restore all my previous library data to use it with the new computer and avoid to build the whole bibliography all over again. If I run the old Zotero on the external HDD it finds nothing of course, since the drive has now changed letter (from C: to G:) and the user folders aren't the same in XP and Windows 10 (which is the OS I have now), therefore I can't directly export the library either.

I found something I believe being part of the old library in "G:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\[random characters].default\" but the content looks slightly different from the one on the new pc. Here's for comparison how the two folders look on the old Zotero (right) and on the fresh install on my new PC (left): link. Also there's no zotero.sqlite file anywhere to be found on the old HDD as told on this site.
Which exact files do I have to copy to restore the library alone? Is it safe to do it while passing from version 4.0.21.2 to 4.0.28.7?

Thanks to whoever will answer my questions, since I could find only support for Firefox version of Zotero.
  • You'd have to find the folder that's actually called "zotero" and does contain the zotero.sqlite file on the old harddisk.

That may entail searching including hidden files and folders. It may be part of a Firefox profile (if you used to also have Zotero for Firefox installed) or it may be in a custom location if you moved it, but without zotero.sqlite no Zotero database. (the other thing you'd want is the folder "storage" which would be in the same folder as zotero.sqlite.)
  • edited November 23, 2015
    Ok I'm really dumb, it *was* in that directory after all (under the zotero\ subfolder)... and I also found the other zotero.sqlite location which was in "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\[random characters].default\zotero\". I leave the information for other lazy people like me.