Quick Export CMofS only in biblio style

Hi,

I know this issue came up before and was answered to the satisfaction of the person having the problem. Unfortunately, the solution provided did not work for me.

When I try to do a Quick Export by dragging or Cmd-shift-C (Mac), the resulting citation in my text document is in bibliographic format, not note format, in Chicago style. I have changed the setting in Preferences - Export to Chicago (note, full note, etc.) but I always get bibliographic format. I get the same result whether I'm exporting to a website, a plain text doc, word, scrivener, etc.

For example, sans ital:

Biblio:
Downs, Gregory, and Kate Masur, eds. The World the Civil War Made. Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press, 2015.

Note:
Gregory Downs and Kate Masur, eds., The World the Civil War Made (Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press, 2015).

I can generate a proper note by using the right-click context menu, which is ok, but it is not nearly as convenient as the drag-and-drop method.

I even did a complete reinstall of Zotero and clicked the Reset Styles button, but am still getting the same result. I doubt this is significant, but I also visited the Zotero style repository and noticed upon hovering over the Chicago Full Note csl that the format was in Biblio format rather than Note format.

And if I have misunderstood the purpose of the Quick Export function or if the function can only export in Bibliography, I apologize for wasting your time.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Regular quick copy always copies bibliographies.
    Shift+drag or Cmd+Shift+a does notes/citations.

(btw. -- don't bother trying to reinstall as troubleshooting. It's a waste of time in 95% of all cases and we'll tell you to try it in the remaining 5%).
  • Son of a gun. After reading your reply, I sort of think I remember that from when I used Zotero more regularly a couple of years ago for a manuscript project. Thanks so much for the quick reply and all the patient work on such a useful project.