Cannot update document - Integration error

Hello,

Not sure what happened, but I cannot add citations to an existing Word document (running on Windows with Firefox). I get the following error message:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\puri\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1nc1zd7i.default\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 126" {file: "file:///C:/Users/puri/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/1nc1zd7i.default/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]'[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\puri\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1nc1zd7i.default\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 126" {file: "file:///C:/Users/puri/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/1nc1zd7i.default/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getDocument]

Tried opening a new document, re-installing, copy/pasting etc - still getting the same thing.
  • Just to be sure -- you also can't insert a citation in a new document, right?
  • Nope, doesn't work with a new document, after re-starting, after re-installing Zotero...Nothing.

When Firefox actually isn't running, I get a different error message saying Zotero cannot connect with Firefox. This was never a problem before.
  • edited September 26, 2015
    do you also have Zotero Standalone or just the Firefox add-on?

With just the Firefox version,
    When Firefox actually isn't running, I get a different error message saying Zotero cannot connect with Firefox. This was never a problem before.
    would be expected and has always been the case. The Word add-on relies on an open Zotero instance, either in Firefox or Standalone.
  • I have Standalone. I tried with either or both open, but it's the same deal. Again, it worked fine since always, first time I encounter such a problem.
  • Could you check the versions of each of your Word add-ons in Firefox and Standalone under Tools --> Add-ons.

Could you take a screenshot of the Zotero toolbar in Word, upload it to a free image hosting site (Dropbox, imgur), and link to it here?
  • On FF: 4.0.28.6

standalone: LibreOffice 3.5.9.SA.4.9.28, Word for Windows Integration: 3.1.20.SA.4.0.28

this is the link, i hope it's what you meant:
    http://imgur.com/aEm9LND
  • Try updating Zotero Standalone (update came out seconds ago) and see if that fixes this issue.
  • it worked, many thanks!
  • edited June 18, 2016
    Hello,

Same here, with ZoteroFF in Word (2016) gives "[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\" etc

After installing Zotero Stand Alone including the Word plugin, the plugin does not respond if ZotSA is running in the background.

After closing ZotSA (but ZotFF still active), the above error message returns

It's a new laptp with Windows 10 Home, Office 2016 prof plus. FF and Java are 64-bit..
  • Hi,

same problem for me.

MS Word 2013. Windows 7 Home premium. error message : [JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\" etc

What to do now please?
  • I changed firefox from 64 bit to 32 bit, that sorted out this problem
  • ah yes, sorry, should have caught that: Zotero's Word integration does not currently work with 64-bit Firefox.
  • thanks a lot!
  • Hi, im also having the same problem.
    I cannot add citations or bibliography, nor refresh, to an existing Word document (running on MAC with plug-in). I don't even get an error message. Can you help please