JavaScript Error when exporting library as CSV file (Report ID: 6770590)

Report ID: 6770590

I am receiving an error when I attempt to export my library as CSV file.

I am using Zotero Standalone version 4.0.28 on a Mac computer with OS X 10.10.4

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start Zotero Standalone
2. Select My Library
3. Go to File > Export Library...
4. Choose Format - CSV, do not check the box for "export notes," click OK
5. In "Export" window, enter name of export file and click "save"
After hitting "save," I receive this error message:
[JavaScript Application]
An error occured while trying to export the selected file.

The export file is created, and when I open the exported .CSV file, I see only 25 items from my library listed in the spreadsheet. I have over 2000 items in my library.

I read this other thread on the topic: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/46816/error-exporting-zotero-library/ and did a couple of things suggested there.
1. checked the version of Zotero for updates - my Zotero seems to be up to date
2. disabled other Zotero add ons
3. reset translators in Advanced tab of Preferences, then restarted Zotero Standalone

I still continue to get the same error when attempting to export my main library.

I also have 2 group libraries and I was able to successfully export those as CSV files, no errors there. My group libraries have fewer than 100 items in them.

The report ID above is for my Zotero Standalone. I mainly use Zotero Standalone, but I also have Zotero for Firefox installed on my computer, and I get the same JavaScript error when I attempt to export my library using the Firefox version of Zotero.
  • @Dan -- what does the error say?
  • [JavaScript Error: "item.creators is undefined" {file: "[...]/zotero/translators/CSV.js" line: 160}]"
  • Thanks!
    @zuphilip -- that's for top level attachment and note items.
    I think it's OK if we skip those (check e.g. bibtex export), otherwise you'll probably want to treat them entirely separately. need to account for the fact that their data objects are different. Do you have time to do this?

@bayker -- thanks for reporting. We'll fix that, hopefully pretty quickly. If you're in a hurry, sort by item type and don't include items of the types "Attachment" and "Note" in the export. (notes&attachments attached to other items are fine, obviously).
  • edited September 3, 2015
    @adamsmith -- Thank you! I created a "saved search" that includes all items in my library except Item Types "Note" and "Attachment" and I was able to export the results to a CSV file successfully. Now it makes sense why my group libraries didn't get the same error when I tried to export--neither of my 2 group libraries have top level attachments or note items.
  • @adamsmith -- it is too busy currently, and therefore I cannot do this quickly. We can skip attachments and notes completely or make more tests for these cases. Feel free to adjust the translator yourself.
  • fixed now -- the translator now skips notes and attachments.