Quick search not finding text in pdfs

I have pdf indexing turned on and all my pdfs have been indexed. However, when I do a quick search on "Everything", I get no results from the text in the pdf.

If I do an advanced search on the "Attachment Content" then it successfully finds the text in the pdfs.

I just installed Zotero 4.0.28.3 on Firefox 41.
  • Works for me (though testing this on FF40, but can't imagine it'd make a difference).
    You realize that quick search only searches in the currently selected collection?
  • I tried this on a second computer and it worked perfectly (also Windows 10, Firefox 41 and Zotero 4.0.28.3). It still does not work on my first computer. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Zotero/Firefox but that did not work.

I guess a lower-level clean is in order...
  • I deleted the storage and put the pdfs back in, indexed them, and then search for everything worked again.
  • cbelinsky: When you say you deleted the storage, what exactly did you do? Move the items to trash within Sotero or delete the .sqlite database on disk? I have exactly the same problem -- the advanced search works, but the quick one doesn't. Thanks!
  • what they mean is they deleted the folder "storage" then restored and re-indexed. But it'd make more sense to see what isn't working.
    Are you positive you're searching on "Everything" mode in quick search?
  • edited September 23, 2015
    Yes, what adamsmith said is exactly what I did. I did not touch the database (or, for that matter, anything else inside the Zotero folder except for storage).