Freezing Firefox with Zotero, problems with inserting citation using Zotero Standalone, too

I’d like to ask you for help.

Since a long time I’ve been using Zotero (Zotero for Firefox, without Standalone), unfortunately I started having problems.

My Firefox web browser became really slowly, freezing. I tried to fix the problem and I found that the reason of it is Zotero extension. When I removed Zotero from my web browser, everything was good, Firefox started worked good, but I’d like to use Zotero, too.
I reinstalled Zotero for Firefox and when I restarted web browser, it became slowly again, I was not able to use Firefox, so I removed Zotero.

Because of using Zotero is important for me I moved from Firefox to Chrome, I installed Zotero Connector as well as Zotero standalone, both of them are working well but…when I’d like to insert citation on my document, I can’t do it, such info is appearing: “Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure Firefox is running and try again. If this problem persists Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure Firefox is running and try again. If this problem persists visit: www.zotero...word processor_support_plugin...etc.”

What you recommend me in such case?

I’d like to use Zotero Zotero for Firefox like in the old, good days, but I’m not able to do it cause my Firefox is freezing. When I’m trying to insert citation using Zotero Standalone version, I’ve got problem which I described. Currently I’m having Firefox and Chrome (with Zotero Connector) and Zotero Standalone.
  • Zotero really shouldn't slow down Firefox at all while you're not doing anything -- did you try disabling all other Firefox add-ons and made sure you were running the latest version of both Firefox and Zotero?

As for Word & Standalone: First step would be to try re-installing the Word add-on from the cite tab of the Zotero Standalone preferences.
  • No, I didn't diable other Firefox add-ons.I had the latest version of both application, but I solved the problem using in some way your suggestion; I removed Zotero from Firefox and I updated all of add-ons and after it I installed Zotero again and everything works good. I still don't know how it's related with Zotero, but finally,it's fine now.

Thank you for your advice,adamsmith. Before I asked here I removed Zotero and tried to do various things but it was problem with add-on.