Switching from Zotero plugin to Zotero standalone

I am having trouble with firefox recently. Either the webpages load very slowly or it crashes randomly. It keeps saying firefox is slow to start. I believe this may be due to the Zotero plugin.

How difficult will it be to switch to the zotero standalone? As that way I could use Chrome rather than firefox. My zotero library is huge. Will it have trouble syncing or transferring over? Any other issues I should be aware of prior to switching over?
  • How large is "huge"? What are your other plug-ins? What version of FF? Please help the experts by providing further details.
  • no, we actually don't need any further detail:
    Installing Standalone by default just shares the same data directory as the already installed Zotero Firefox add-on, so it will work right away and there is no syncing/transferring over etc.
    Moreover, you can keep both versions installed in case you don't like the experience in Standalone.

That said, Zotero does not slowdown Firefox. While a huge database may slowdown Zotero proper and doing things in Zotero may freeze Firefox temporarily, normal browser operations such as loading a page are not affected by Zotero to any relevant degree, regardless of the size of the database.
  • I installed standalone and can't see any of my synced firefox citations
  • Could you elaborate on your setup? Do you actually have the Firefox add-on installed on that same computer? And you see all items there?

In that case (but only if you're sure the answer to these questions is yes) see https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/sharing_data_directory