HTML export of Presentation items with same author and title creates duplicates

Report ID: 1816130446

When I export to an html file (by selecting the items and then choosing "Create Bibliography from items…") items that have the same presenter and title, but differ in other fields, I only get the first of those items in the html (with its Place, Date, Meeting name and so on), just repeated the number of original items I tried to export.

I tried it with "Presentation" and "Video", but not with other types.
  • I'm not sure I fully understand, so maybe you could paste an example here, but tried out what you said (i.e. generate a bibliography in HTML with two presentations with the same presenters and title and that looked good.

Have you tried different citation styles? Bibliographies in other formats?
  • Sure, here is an example that reproduces the problem: I created two items of type "Presentation":

Title: Don't trust your eyes
    Author: Obi Wan Kenobi
    Date: 05/1977
    Place: Millennium Falcon
    Meeting Name: Escape

2. (this one being completely hypothetical)
    Title: Don't trust your eyes
    Author: Obi Wan Kenobi
    Date: 07/1977
    Place: Death Star
    Meeting Name: Space Fights: Sudden Optimism

I then select the two items, right click and choose "Create Bibliography from items…". I export as "Chicago Manual of Styles 16th edition (full note)", Output Mode "Notes", Output Method "Save as HTML". I end up with an HTML-File that contains the first talk twice.

The problem does apparently only exist when I use the Output Mode "Notes".

I also tested it now with "Modern Humanities Research Association 3rd edition (note with bibliography)", and I also tried it with other item types, with the same result.

Hope that clarifies a little.
  • OK, got it.
    @fbennett, pretty sure that one is for you. Steps to reproduce:
    1. Bibliontology RDF here: https://gist.github.com/adam3smith/b6de8c945ea01fc53209
    2. Select items, use a note-based style (e.g. Chicago full note), select Output Mode "Notes", select output format HTML (or RTF, bug appears in both).

Expected output
    1. Christopher W. V. Hogue, Andreas D. Baxevanis, and B. F. Francis Ouellette, “Presentation” (speech, Meeting Name2, New York, NY2, 2001).
    2. Christopher W. V. Hogue, Andreas D. Baxevanis, and B. F. Francis Ouellette, “Presentation” (speech, Meeting Name, New York, NY, 2001).

Actual output
    1. Christopher W. V. Hogue, Andreas D. Baxevanis, and B. F. Francis Ouellette, “Presentation” (speech, Meeting Name2, New York, NY2, 2001).
    2. Christopher W. V. Hogue, Andreas D. Baxevanis, and B. F. Francis Ouellette, “Presentation” (speech, Meeting Name2, New York, NY2, 2001).

(relevant part bolded.
  • I can reproduce the bug in Zotero (and in Juris-M), but with that input, I get correct entries in the processor test-bed. What method is used to run the processor for that operation, and what exact input does the processor see?
  • The bug is in Zotero code, but it's likely due to inadequate documentation to the citeproc-js function used to generate the list. That's my desk, so I've filed a pull request that will fix the issue.