PDFs opening instead of saving to Zotero

Many PDFs associated with items in a database seem to be opening instead of saving to Zotero. Only snapshots are saving for these items. This has happened in Proquest Social Sciences Premium Collections with a search for which I have always been able to save all PDFs in the past. I'd be happy to share more details about the search.
  • could you describe exactly what you're doing? Is that with the Save to Zotero (formerly URL bar) icon? And then the PDF just opens?
  • This seems to be unique to Proquest.
  • but it happens when clicking the Save to Zotero icon? And it does so consistently on proquest or only when going through a search?
  • Hello,

Yes. This is happening often when I click on the Save to Zotero (formerly URL bar) icon. It is only happening in Proquest products. Sometimes the PDF saves, but many times it does not. Instead, a snapshot is saved and the PDF opens in Adobe. If I use the folder icon to save several, several PDFs open but are are not saved.
    Thanks
  • Koob80 tells me by e-mail that this is fixed with the new interface&translator, so we're good on this, too.