Editor Noob: Help for thesis (style request)

Dear all,

thanks for this great programme and the hard work that went into it.

I feel like there are too few styles using "footnote"-citations (e.g. little number in text, first citation in footnotes: full, following citations: Authors last name.year.Page.)

Would it be possible to "re-edit" an existing style like Springer APA so that in the endnotes it looks like this:

*note part/text in [….] should be in cursive/italic

Campbell, J. L., & Pedersen, O. K. (2007). The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success. [Comparative Political Studies], 40(3), 307–332.

Mares, I. (2001). Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? In: P. A. Hall & D. Soskice (Hrsg.), [Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage], 184–213. New York: Oxford University Press.

Repeating citations:

ibid. S.45.

or

Mares. 2001. S.45.

BUT with footnotes like ^1 (small 1) inside the text and NOT (Campbell, 2007, P.55)

I tried to figure out the editor but did more harm than good, so I would be more than grateful if anyone could help me "writing" this style.

Best

Tessa
  • If you check on https://www.zotero.org/styles and check "note" and "Show only unique styles" you get 157 options -- I'd consider that a pretty large number.
    What's wrong with just using Chicago Manual, which really is a well thought-out citation style and one that's implemented with a lot of care in Zotero? Or in other words, what is this for?
  • edited August 3, 2015
    Thanks for your reply. I checked those options but they either have a) no ibid b) list date at the end and not after the author c) use different footnote style.
    The mentioned Chicago Manual (full note) would be perfect for my MA thesis if the year of publication came after the authors name and if in the footnotes it would be: authors last name.year. and not the whole book title...
    This style is required by my professor and its what I always used so far (adding citations manually etc.) so it would have been great if there was a way to use it with zotero. But I guess it's quiet specific so I will just find the "closest match" and then correct it by hand ;)
  • yes. Unfortunately, modifying footnote styles always ends up being a fair amount of work and we just don't have the capacity to do that for department- (let alone faculty-) specific styles.