Still no Zotero icon on Firefox toolbar

I didn't have the Zotero icon in the address bar so went to look for a way to put that right. I then discovered that there is a new icon which lives in the tool bar and not the address bar. I don't have that either. I downloaded and printed the 'No Toolbar Icon' document and went through all the procedures listed. Updated Firefox and checked that I had the latest version of Zotero. Zotero does not appear in the list of add-ons or extensions in the Firefox tools menu. I did try to follow the instructions for deleting 'corrupt extension files' but felt unsure about what I was doing. Now, there is nothing in the Firefox 'extensions' pane at all. My OS is Windows 7 (I may upgrade to W. 10 soon), my drivers are all updated. If you need any more info, Dan, please ask as I am just a novice!
ps I have just looked at all the available 'add-ons' in Firefox and have taken a 'snip' of the list which includes some Zotero items. I don't know how to attach the snip here so that you can see it?
  • So the first thing would be to go to https://www.zotero.org/download/ and (re-)install the Zotero add-on to make sure you actually have it installed. From what you're describing, it doesn't sound like you have.
  • Can that be the case if I have 6 entries in there? I'm happy to do that anyway, it'll be easy to re-enter the references. Or are they stored on the server? anyway, I'll give that a try, thank you.
  • edited August 1, 2015
    Well, Adam, it looks as though you were correct but I think it may have been because, when I first downloaded Zotero I was using IE so I only got the Stand Alone version. Since I went back to using Firefox (which had been problematical) I still only had the Stand Alone version. I think it all makes sense now. The toolbar is there now, so thank you very much, and I think it even saved my data! Problem solved.
  • edited August 1, 2015
    Yeah, no harm -- as for "in there": I assume you're looking on the webpage, not in Zotero for Firefox. The icon to open Zotero for Firefox is in the same location at the icon to import.

edit: great, glad it's working again.