Zotero Word for Mac Integration error with Standalone

Just started today, no problems earlier

Zotero 4.0.28

When I open Standalone with Word open I get a message:

Zotero Word for Mac integration has been successfully installed, but Word must be restarted before it can be used

Tried restarting Word, then Standalone freezes.

If open Standalone when Word is not open, I don't get the integration message but Standalone stops responding after about 20 seconds

Did a console log and got this
Timestamp: 31/07/2015 10:59:34 pm
Error: formatURLPref: Couldn't get pref: app.support.baseURL
Source File: resource://gre/components/nsURLFormatter.js
Line: 136

Tried rebooting, reinstalling standalone app, reinstalling Chrome plugin. Doesn't help

Thank you
Jeff
  • edited August 1, 2015
    I noticed that opening up Zotero through Firefox also stops responding after a few seconds

One thing that has recently changed is that I subscribed to a very large group library. Perhaps there is some syncing issue? I have since unsubscribed which obviously doesn't help

The message about the Word for Mac plugin doesn't seem to relate to a javascript error but I don't begin to understand the inner workings

Does anyone have any idea? Is there any other debugging or reporting I can do to help? Since it stops responding so soon after starting I can't do the Report Errors

Thank you
  • Yeah, that's just a sync attempt, unrelated to the Word plugin. Open Standalone and just let it go for a little while, and it will likely finish. If you keep force quitting it it will just keep happening.

The next major version of Zotero will handle large syncs more gracefully.
  • Thanks! Waiting it out worked great. The msg about the Word plugin was throwing me off