Abstracts missing

I have records I got from importing from refworks. Some are quite incomplete, like no abstract.

Is there a plug in or feature that would enable Zotero to use existing record data to fill in missing field,s like abstract, and so on?
  • there's no option to auto-complete items or re-fetch data for existing items, no.

If you did have an abstract in RefWorks, it should be possible to export that and import it into Zotero, though, so that'd be what I'd try (though obviously that'll only work if you had the abstract there).
  • Thanks for reply. THey are not in original refworks records. I'll have to go in and track them down.

In like Musicbee, a music player I use, it can search the web for lyrics to a song. I wonder if something could be done in zotero where the existing metadata could be used to fill in missing fields from available sources.

Just a thought...
  • it's generally something that's on the agenda, it's just not trivial to implement in smooth/reliable way. Bibliographic data is a lot more complex than metadata for mp3s.