No Zotero icon in address bar

Report ID. 1136031051. I have tried following Troubleshooter steps. Icon disappeared from Address bar. It is in the Tool bar but only saves snapshot of webpage - no bibliographical info. Add-on was autonmatically updated to 4..0.27.2 yesterday 4 July 2015. I installed Zotero Word for Windows Integration 3.1.20. It made no difference & I haven't needed it before. Any advice?
  • See the STICKY post at the top of the list.

The icon has been moved from the url address bar to another location. For long-time users this can take a bit of getting used to however, the new location and extended capabilities more than make up for any need for me to re-learn where to move my cursor.
  • What do you mean by STICKY post, please?
  • At the very top of the listing of discussions there are thread titles that are preceded with [Sticky]. As i write this the topmost item in the list of discussion threads is the one that answers your question.
  • Thanks, I found that and read it through. I had already been trying the icon at the right, however it is only saving webpage information. For example. I am trying to save from Informit and it saves as webpage only, doesn't register it's a journal article or any the relevant bibliographical info. Any other thoughts?
  • @kgobold
    Ah... I can see why you asked about what I thought were obvious Sticky thread titles.

The Sticky messages only appear at the top of the listing of all-forum-discussions and messages under the "general" category. The sticky thread titles do not appear at the top of the "Troubleshooting" category thread listing.

Dan, I recommend placing the sticky threads at the top of all categorical thread listings. Until this evening, I don't think I have ever viewed the forum by looking at the category view. If the forum software doesn't allow this multiple placement something else will need to be done to draw attention to key messages.
  • kgogbold

Some of the Informit databases do not provide any metadata to import into Zotero. Thus, the webpage import.

Which of the databases were you using? The journal article database should supply the metadata you want.

You will need to post examples of the URLs for the items that don't properly import to Zotero. The translator experts cannot help you without the URLs.
  • Thanks for your comments DWL. Sorry - do you mean which journal databases? Here's a URL that's only saving webpage information.http://0-search.informit.com.au.library.vu.edu.au/browsePublication;py=2011;vol=20;res=IELHSS;issn=1038-3441;iss=3
  • Zotero doesn't currently support informit database. Basically, https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/no_address_bar_icon but the icon now appears all the time and simply saves pages with poorer metadata if specific support for a website is lacking.
  • That's quite a pity because it's a major database we use. It seems to be a new issue? I'm sure I've used it before without problems. I'll try another database. Thanks for your advice.
  • Oh, you're right. Not sure why the search turned up blank. We do have a translator for Informit. It does seem to no longer recognize the website. Perhaps Informit interface was recently updated. We'll take a look.
  • That'd be great, thanks. I just tried taylor & francis at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10383441.2011.10854707#.VZeLlbWQ1di
    and it is reading that correctly. I tried the HeinOnline International Law Association Reports database but it didn;t save the page numbers correctly. At least I'm getting somewhere now & we're narrowing down the issue.