Report 1910740342 Failure of quick copy

Quick copy of bibliographic information using both keyboarf controls and drag and drop fails.
  • There was an issue with this in tab mode, fixed in 4.0.27.2, which came out earlier today. Make sure you have updated to that version.
  • Been struggling with the same problem for the last two days!
    Drag and drop still fails even with 4.0.27.2.
    Help!!
  • I updated to 4.0.27.2 today and Quick Copy is still not working (mac/osx), either for drag and drop or keys in tab mode. Works if you toggle to split screen mode though. Hope you can actually fix it in next version soon:)
  • Not even in split screen mode;( Suppose I've got to patiently wait for the next version really... Bring it on!!;)
  • Error report IDs (https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems )and exact set-up (i.e. version numbers of Zotero, Firefox if relevant, and OS) from everyone involved would probably help
  • There's one report of this in the logs:
    [JavaScript Error: "urlDomain is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/quickCopy.js" line: 126}]
    If you're getting a different error, we'll need a new Report ID.

Also, if you're seeing this, what URL are you on when you're trying this? As far as I can tell, this should only happen if you're on a local URL with no top-level domain (e.g., http://foo/) or an empty URL (but I think we deal with the latter).
  • my report ids: 108347048
    hope it helps
  • cheong330: See my other question about the URL.
  • My report ID is: 373374999
    Zotero version 4.0.27.2
    Firefox version 38.0.5
    OSX version 10.10.4
  • and this is the URL in the Zotero tab:
    chrome://zotero/content/tab.xul
  • OK, thanks. This should be fixed properly in 4.0.27.3, now available.
  • Thanks Dan! Works great:)
  • still doesn't work here with zotero addo-on 4.0.27.3.

my report ID: 2052728519
    firefox: 39.0
    osx: 10.10.4
    URL: chrome://zotero/content/tab.xul
  • EliezerM: No relevant errors in there, and this really should be fixed, so you might be seeing an unrelated issue. Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a Quick Copy attempt that's failing?
  • is it this?

D1008534159
  • Not quite — it has to cover a Quick Copy attempt. That output is empty.
  • ok, i've tried again.
    sorry, am an absolute beginner in such things!;(

D589655179
  • (3)(+0000000): Dragging with format Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (note)

(3)(+0000000): Skipping quick copy for 1 items
    It looks like you disabled Quick Copy for more than 0 items in the Export pane of the Zotero preferences. (The default is 50.)
  • no, it's on 0 items
  • no, it's on 0 items
    Right, that's what I said. That means Quick Copy is disabled completely for you. You need to change that setting back to 50 or similar.
  • ah, got it! so stupid!!!
    thank you very very much, Dan!!!
  • right, that's the problem. If you "Disable Quick Copy for more than 0 items" that means it's always disabled. If you never want it disabled, set it to an arbitrary high number like 999.
  • that's it! i'm relieved!
  • Another minor inconvenience but if you do a search and then try to do a quick copy from the search results pane, it doesn't work. Not sure if Zotero even had this functionality but it would seem to make sense.
  • jeffok7: That hasn't ever worked, but you can start a separate thread for that.
  • Still not working here.

Reaction is different whether I have Better Bibtex enabled or not. If yes, nothing seems to happen. If not I get a Javascript error message saying: "An error occurred while trying to export the selected file."

Is this a Zotero or BBT error?

Report ID: 978870919 (BBT enabled)
    Report ID: 1643553582 (BBT disabled)
  • you're running version 1.2.23 of BBT?
  • I updated to 1.2.24. And I also followed the suggestions given in this BBT issue https://github.com/ZotPlus/zotero-better-bibtex/issues/311, but to no avail.

Since I get the Javascript error message when BBT is disabled I imagine it is a Zotero issue. Any hints?

Thanks,
    Wilko
  • BTW, this is the Report ID for the log I get for the error with both BBT and Zutilo uninstalled: 1022294665.

W.
  • edited August 19, 2015
    What do you have selected in the Quick Copy preferences? What happens if you select something else? If you had something BibTeX-related selected before, reset your translators from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.

If you're still having trouble after all that, provide a Debug ID for a Quick Copy attempt that fails.