[juris-M] value.literal is undefined

I recently switched to Juris-M. While the client itself is working fine, I just noticed that adding citations or updating the document does not work anymore: It only pops up the error message "value.literal is undefined". So far this does not affect all documents, only the article I am currently working on.
What can I do to debug the problem / get more details, or ideally make it work again?
  • Thanks for the report - I'll look at this immediately, and if the cause is not obvious, I'll be back for more info.
  • I haven't tried to reproduce the error, but the cause seemed clear. If you update (manually) from https://juris-m.github.io, it should be more well behaved. Let me know how you fare.

(Automatic updates are not working yet with Juris-M; I'm working on it, though, and they will come on stream in due course.)
  • Thanks! I am running 4.0.27.m28 now, but it didn't solve the problem. Would it help if I try on another computer / OS with a fresh firefox installation?
  • No, that won't be necessary. We just need to find the record that is triggering the error. If you have a collection containing (roughly) the items in your article, and if it is not too large (not over 300 or 400 items, say), try selecting all of the items in the center pane, then right-click and "Create Bibliography from Items".

If that fails in the same way, select half of the items, and see if they break. If they don't, then select the other half. Proceed until you have a batch with (if we are lucky) just one item, that breaks the processor. That will be our culprit - export the item as CSL JSON and send it along by mail.

If generating a bibliography from the UI does not break the processor, will have to think again; but if the steps above work, they will get us to a result quickly.
  • Hold that thought - I've just succeeded in reproducing the error.

It seems to trigger on an institutional Creator field that has a multilingual variant. This should be straightforward to fix now; should have it done within a few hours.
  • Yes, that applies for all of my items that break the processor.
  • There we go. If you install 4.0.27m29, you should have a much better experience.
  • Yes, it's working now, thank you!