Import from Refworks - but maintain my nested folders organizational structure

I read a help section I found on the Zotero website that demonstrated how I could import my 1,651 references that I have in my Refworks account into my Zotero account. It technically worked....I got all 1,651 references imported however it is not what I had envisioned would happen from a functionality stand point. All of the references were imported and just dumped into my main folder "My Library" and they now appear in alphabetical order....however alphabetical order does not help me as that would require me to memorize the title of each reference to know what the reference was about.

In my Refworks account I created a well organized structure of nested folders that I then saved my references in. As an example if I were writing a paper and needed a reference that was in a book on cognitive psychology then I would go to my folder "references > books > psychology > cognitive".

If I were looking for a book on leadership psychology I would know to look in the nested folder "references > books > psychology > leadership"

So my question is.....is there a way to import all of not only my references from Refworks into Zotero but ALSO my organizational structure so that everything ends up being in the same folder I placed it in within Refworks?

Thank you!

Todd
  • not without recreating that structure in Zotero and importing every folder/collection by itself, no.
    Nothing we can do about it, either -- RefWorks doesn't export that information in any format.